[MacTUG] Open Directory replication and failover?

Ian Turner iturner at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jun 23 10:36:03 EDT 2011

followup
I may have found a bug, which I tried to report to Apple

it looks like the client is getting missing/malformed info

dscl localhost  etc gets us to a list of Replicas; the key is there; but
it is followed by a </array>

there is NO preceeding <array>, nor any content

edited to remove site specific "stuff"

/Search/Config > read ldapreplicas/
dsAttrTypeNative:apple-ldap-replica: ldap://removed
dsAttrTypeNative:apple-ldap-writable-replica: ldap://removed
dsAttrTypeNative:apple-xmlplist:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>IPaddresses</key>
	<array>
		<string>removed</string>
	</array>
	<key>ReplicaName</key>
	<string>Master</string>
	<key>Replicas</key>
	<array/>           **************  <---------------
</dict>
</plist>

dsAttrTypeNative:cn: ldapreplicas
dsAttrTypeNative:objectClass: apple-configuration top
AppleMetaNodeLocation: /LDAPv3/removed
LDAPReadReplicas: ldap://removed
LDAPWriteReplicas: ldap://removed
RecordName: ldapreplicas
RecordType: dsRecTypeStandard:Config
XMLPlist:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>IPaddresses</key>