[MacTUG] Fwd: Re: Server licenses

Ian Turner iturner at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 28 11:23:31 EDT 2010

FYI
as discussed at the meeting

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: imac issue
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:51:51 -0400
From: Philip Hume <hume at apple.com>
To: Ian Turner <iturner at uwaterloo.ca>
CC: Mac Labs <cs-poc-maclabs at cs.uwaterloo.ca>,
rt-em-gw+73932 at cs.uwaterloo.ca,        Steve Hellyer <phasetwo at apple.com>

Hi Ian,

The new software licensing program that Steve referred to is detailed
here: (make sure you click the higher education tab)

http://www.apple.com/ca/education/licensingprogram/

Under this program you purchase licenses in blocks. For OS X Server, you
would likely be looking at the minimum block in your group of 5
installations. For $389/year you have license for up to 5 installations
and you get access to any upgrades. In the first year you pay a 10% fee
to start up within the program.

Let me know when you might be looking at upgrading and we can have a
chat about the details.

Regards,

Phil