[MacTUG] icalc / exchange / importing of events

William Lewis rwlewis at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 28 10:25:05 EDT 2010

I think this happens because the .ics file refers to you as the organizer of the meeting, using your information from Bookit -- something like Glenn Anderson <anderson at uwaterloo.ca>. Exchange sees this as an external address, so not you and so it's not for your calendar. I think .vcs files work better because there is no attendee information, but of course then you lose the information about who else was invited to the meeting.

This is one of the reasons we are hiring a 3rd party to move Bookit data to exchange. A major task is matching users in Bookit to users in Exchange so that all of the attendee information for meetings can be updated.

I think cut and paste works because your client software is changing the organizer of the meeting.

Will

--
R. William Lewis
Computing Consultant