[MacTUG] Binding to golden triangle via scripting

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 12 09:39:53 EDT 2010

Thanks for both of your responses, Ian and Steve!

Ian that stuff looks interesting and I have not seen that PDF you sent the link to before. It was an interesting read.

Steve, I will likely listen to your voice of caution and for the existing Macs I will manually migrate them to AD. (I do USUALLY list to you, even if it is sometimes eventually, haha. )You raised a good point that most of my users are (currently) Admin-type accounts, and I likely can trust them to stay that way for the time being. Given that I will need to touch these machines to create a new local admin account, and possibly mess around with their existing one, for the relatively small number of users I am going to do this to I will for the time being do it manually.

Again, thanks for all that info both of you, I learned something and perhaps others did too!

For the new machines it is easier. I will likely use deploy studio to install packages, etc and while I am doing that I can get it to bind to AD/OD. For the existing Macs, maybe I will roll binding them to AD/OD and letting ARD manage them into my upgrade to Office 2011 when that happens.

Thanks...
Don