[MacTUG] iCal with shared calendars after the 10.6.4 update

Matthew Oliver m3oliver at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jun 23 11:28:25 EDT 2010

Is anyone using iCal server on 10.6 server?

I have a number of shared calendars (wikis/blogs/calendars)

The folks here prefer to manage events on these shared calendars using iCal (I am aware this isn't supported) but used to work just fine.
The work around used to be that you would add a new CalDAV account using your username/password in iCal and then modify the server path from /principals/__uids__/########-####-####-####-############/   to   /principals/wikis/wikiname/
Since the 10.6.4 update iCal seems to change this back to a uid style path every time it's restarted effectively breaking this workaround.

Cheers,
-Matt