[MacTUG] FYI: Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard - 10.6.4 upgrade and mail

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Wed Jun 16 16:40:36 EDT 2010

>From Console Log
....	Mail[285]	Upgrading Library from 4.38 to 4.39

Also another tip to help mail.app go faster. Not related to 10.6.4 but it good thing to do once a year.
http://blog.joelesler.net/2010/04/how-to-make-mail-app-go-faster.html

Note: for the more technical not want to not use Applescript.  Make sure you QUIT Mail first before you run the command line core of this script.

Steve

On 2010-06-16, at 4:28 PM, Glenn Anderson wrote:

> After applying the update and opening email, I got the following dialog window that says that my existing email messages need to be upgraded. Not sure what it did to my emails to upgrade them, but it did run ok and email is now up and running.
>
> <Screen shot 2010-06-16 at 4.18.28 PM.png>_______________________________________________
> MacTUG mailing list
> MacTUG at lists.uwaterloo.ca

Steve Hellyer
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Education Division (Higher Education)
Apple Canada Inc.
7495 Birchmount Rd.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L3R 5G2

PH: (905)513-5647
Mailto: phasetwo at apple.com

Training Websites
http://training.apple.com/
http://www.witzapplecertifiedtraining.com/

AppleCare Online Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/

AppleCare Technical Phone Support
tel:1-800-263-3394  (basic up and running support for individual consumers)

AppleCare Enterprise Level Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/macosxserver_sw_supt.html

AppleCare Service Locations (Canada)
http://www.apple.ca/buy/locator/
Select Service Locations from pull down menu