[MacTUG] Meeting next week

Sandra Laughlin laughlin at ist.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jan 21 14:47:00 EST 2010

Since I won't be able to attend the meeting, I will give you the update on
our Apple licensing.

First, thanks again to all who attended the meeting in December and for your
input.

We have signed another three year agreement with Apple for Mac OS and this
will take us up to the beginning of 2013.

The latest OS (Snow Leopard) is in the CHIP and is $40.00 a copy. As agreed
upon at the meeting, we will be charging $40 a copy each year per machine
instead of $120.00 the first year and lowering it in the second and third
years.

If you do purchase a copy say in May 2010 and a new version is released in
November 2010, you are entitled to an upgrade. If you purchase a copy in May
2010 and a new version is released in February 2011, the cost will be $40.00
to upgrade per machine.

You must stay current with your OS versions in order to take advantage of
this program as was the case in previous years.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Thanks
Sandy