[MacTUG] OS X password length limit... not eight characters?

Daniel Allen drallen at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Dec 14 10:13:48 EST 2010

Oh for pete's sake: my leopard and snow leopard systems have those
manpages overridden by /opt/local/share, thanks to ports installed.
That limit (at least 128 characters) is fairly plain if you think to
check the (proper) manpages. :)  Thanks Ian!

(I wonder if that information is also hidden somewhere non-google-
indexed on apple's support site; but I won't spend that time to find
out).

Thanks, -Daniel