[MacTUG] A sound issue

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Fri Dec 10 13:28:58 EST 2010

Hi Richard,

By default we don't do this because that would just cause feedback.  Aka microphone pick up sound and then send out on speakers which get pick up by microphone.
You can force pass through this using a utility "Line In".

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/

Carful with the volume or your could end up with the beginning of a Jimmy Hendrix song. :-)

Steve

On 2010-12-10, at 1:17 PM, Richard Crispin wrote:

> I am trying to record podcasts on the Mac. I am trying Camtasia for now.
> One of the problems I have encountered is that the Mac does not allow
> sound input to be directed to sound output. I have a mic connected to
> the Mac that is recording the sound coming in from the speaker. I wanted
> to record the sound as well as to send it out to the amp and speakers in
> the room. I could not get this to work. Any ideas on how to get around
> this issue?
> Richard

Steve Hellyer
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Education Division (Higher Education)
Apple Canada Inc.
7495 Birchmount Rd.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L3R 5G2

PH: (905)513-5647
Mailto: phasetwo at apple.com

Training Websites
http://training.apple.com/
http://www.witzapplecertifiedtraining.com/

AppleCare Online Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/

AppleCare Technical Phone Support
tel:1-800-263-3394  (basic up and running support for individual consumers)

AppleCare Enterprise Level Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/macosxserver_sw_supt.html

AppleCare Service Locations (Canada)
http://www.apple.ca/buy/locator/
Select Service Locations from pull down menu