[MacTUG] Searching for a special cable

Dani Roloson daroloso at mfcf.math.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 8 10:40:05 EDT 2010

> >  33cm (13") mini-DVI to DVI cable
> > or
> >  33cm (13") mini-DisplayPort to DVI cable

If you look carefully at this picture
http://www.sonnettech.com/product/images/maccuffmini0609.jpg
you'll see what I'm sort of looking for.

The video cable comes out of the right side middle of the Mac Mini
and plugs directly into the monitor near the right side bottom of
the Mac Mini. So the DVI connector has to be male.

Video converters tend to be too short and assume that you're gonna
connect a 6 foot DVI cable not plug directly into the monitor.
I guess a 6 inch DVI cable could work if I could find one.

I don't understand why Sonnet doesn't offer a solution.

Dani
MFCF