[MacTUG] [AD] Memo from Alan George

Marlon A. Griffith m3griffi at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 6 09:02:14 EDT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [esag] Memo from Alan George
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 08:14:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: Erick Engelke <erick at engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
To: esag at engmail.uwaterloo.ca

Alan George wrote the following memo.  The document can be found at:
http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~erick/presentations/ad-2010-4-6.docx

Erick

Erick Engelke                                           erick at uwaterloo.ca
Director                                                          PHY-3013
Engineering Computing                                (519) 885-1211 x35893
University of Waterloo                  http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~erick

- - -

Dear Colleagues,

Attached is the report of the Active Directory Consolidation and Future
Governance project. The report contains four recommendations, the first
three of which I endorse without reservation. The fourth asks that I
consult and then make a decision on whether to create a new directory, or
merge to an existing directory.

Discussions I have had and the information obtained lead me to conclude
that the best approach for the campus is to migrate current Active
Directory forests and domains to Nexus.

On behalf of all of us, I would like to take this opportunity to thank
Erick and Bruce for leading this effort, for consulting across campus and
preparing this report. Thanks also to all those who provided their input
to the committee.

Alan