[MacTUG] New 27in iMac - usable as a Display for Mac Pros/MacBook Pros? (via MiniDisplayPort)

Glenn Anderson anderson at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 21 15:12:44 EDT 2009

New 27in iMac - usable as a Display for Mac Pros/MacBook Pros? (via
MiniDisplayPort) - I mentioned in yesterday's announcement of the new
iMacs that Apple notes the 27in model "supports input from external
DisplayPort sources (adapters sold separately)", which I assume means
it could be used as a display (or 2nd display) for later Mac notebooks
w/MDP or a Mac Pro with PCIe card with MDP output? (i.e. Mac ATI 4870
or Mac Nvidia GT120 graphics cards.)
That wouldn't be the primary reason for buying a new iMac but would be
a plus for owners of a MDP output Mac...