[MacTUG] Time Machine, OS X Servers and subnets

Glenn Anderson anderson at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 23 14:12:14 EST 2009

Don,

I don't know if this offers a solution or not, but one can plug in an
Apple USB ethernet adapter ( $29) into the mini and get a second
ethernet port. Note: I am not sure if one can put in more than one of
these devices.

This will allow the mini to be "on" two sub-networks and thus I think
advertising it's services over both sub-networks. I can't guarantee
this, but it might be worth a try... if it works maybe this is a good
solution in some cases.

Note: I believe the USB adapter is limited to 100 mb, but so likely is
the subnet one has the macs on anyways so it may not be that much of
an issue.