[MacTUG] Time Machine, OS X Servers and subnets

Ian Turner iturner at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 23 13:33:30 EST 2009

interesting!
our new mini for testing hasn't arrived yet, so you are a few days
ahead!  I want to experiment with Time machine; and separately, also get
it set up so we can try multi-cast imaging right on the same switch as
the lab machines.

I'm pretty sure Time Machine uses Bonjour, which is not "routed" so
won't see machines on other subnets - so I like your solution!

Did you have to create accounts for each "client machine user" on the
server to get this going - or do you back each machine up as admin?

Ian

Donald Duff-McCracken wrote:
---snip---