[MacTUG] Airport Utility won't manage different airport extreme bases

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Tue Dec 15 14:50:15 EST 2009

Hi Glenn,

You should be able to use latest utility to manage all but the very oldest (Dual Ethernet 2001 & Graphite 1999) base stations. But they were not called Airport Express, Airport Extreme or Time Capsule base stations.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL839

Steve

On 2009-12-15, at 11:16 AM, Glenn Anderson wrote:

> I have a user who say that need needs to have two different Airport
> Utility programs to manage two different versions of the airport
> extreme base stations, the latest one and the prior version.
>
> Does this make sense to anyone?

Steve Hellyer
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Education Division (Higher Education)
Apple Canada Inc.
7495 Birchmount Rd.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L3R 5G2

PH: (905)513-5647
Mailto: shellyer at apple.com or Mailto: phasetwo at apple.com

Apple Training website
http://training.apple.com/

AppleCare Online Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/

AppleCare Technical Phone Support
1-800-263-3394  (basic up and running support)

AppleCare Enterprise Level Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/

AppleCare Service Locations (Canada)
http://wheretobuy.apple.com/ca_locator/service.html