[MacTUG] Remote desktops

Richard Crispin rcrispin at sju-serv1.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 24 14:45:03 EDT 2008

We used a product called LanSurveyor but it did not live up to
expectations. We recently purchased LanDesk through Lenovo and it looks
like it will work for us. I have not used it yet but I am assured that
it works on Windows and Mac and you can use it to send remote updates
without the user being loged on as admin. Once I have some experience I
will report to the group.
Richard

Jeff Dunnett wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> We are looking at remote desktop software to help with our server
> admin tasks.  I know that Apple Remote Desktop is on the market and
> pretty good at what it does.  Has anyone used any of the other remote
> desktop tools that are on the market?  Tools like PCAnywhere?   What
> were your experiences?
>
> Regards,
> Jeff

Richard Crispin
Information Systems Admin   e-mail:rcrispin at sju.uwaterloo.ca
St. Jerome's University     phone:Days (519)884-8111 ext. 28260
290 Westmount Rd. N         FAX:(519)725-0015
Waterloo, Ont.  N2L 3G3
Canada
---
When I die I'd like to die the way my grandfather died, peacefully in
    his sleep...      ... not screaming and shouting, like his passengers.
"Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!" Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales
"Time, heat and pressure.
   The same things that make a diamond also make a waffle." Scott Meyer
"Every morning is the dawn of a new error." unknown