[MacTUG] Meeting Tomorrow

Richard Crispin rcrispin at sju-serv1.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Sep 24 09:46:03 EDT 2007

Hi All
We have a MacTUG meeting tomorrow (Tues. Sept 25th) at 9:15 in the
Library (4th floor).

I have been talking to our new Apple Rep (Paul Hume <hume at apple.com>)
and he is anxious to meet with us. I believe he is coming for our Oct.
30th meeting. I will try and let you know by tomorrow for sure.

See on Tues.
Richard

PS: Here is a funny story to make monday a little better (the "I" is not me)
Yesterday, at Wal-Mart, I was buying a large bag of Purina dog chow and
was about to check out.

A woman behind me asked if I had a dog. On impulse, I told her that no,
I didn't have a dog, and that I was starting the Purina Diet
again.  Although I probably shouldn't, because I'd ended up in the
hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an
intensive care unit with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs
in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way
that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and
simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is
nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again. (I have to
mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now
enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if  I ended up in intensive care because the
dog food poisoned me. I told her no; I stepped off a curb to sniff an
Irish Setters ass and a car hit us both.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack, he was
laughing so hard!

WAL-MART won't let me shop there anymore!!!