[MacTUG] The Joys of Bookit

Dani Roloson daroloso at mfcf.math.uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 3 14:09:32 EDT 2007

I thought I'd try the Disk Utility:Repair Permissions but
that only fixed Flash Player files.

chmod o+r /Applications/Oracle\ Calendar/Contents/MacOS/*
was insufficient ... gave up trying to figure out the minimum.
IST should get Oracle to fix their dmg.

I did figure out the following though:

Oracle Calendar can either be directly in the /Applications folder
or under there in /Applications/Oracle Calendar so to determine version,
you have to do both

defaults read '/Applications/Oracle Calendar/Contents/Info' CFBundleShortVersionString

and

defaults read '/Applications/Oracle Calendar/Oracle Calendar.app/Contents/Info' CFBundleShortVersionString

(Yep the old one has the .app extension in there.)

Dani