[MacTUG] MacFUSE's sshfs is Awesome!! v1.1

Marlon A. Griffith m3griffi at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 27 11:52:13 EST 2007

This is an update to my original message to the group.

Marlon

I have just mounted the ssh session to Architecture's wireless
freebsd naa as a filesystem. I was able to browse, open a document
with TextEdit and grab a file all through the finder. Incredible!

I used MacFuse and MacFUSE_FS_SSHFS from Google:
http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/wiki/QUICKER_START_GUIDE

It requires Tiger.

One caveat: sshfs doesn't have an interface for accepting
certificates for a first time computer access. Therefore, use another
program to ssh to the destination computer and accept its
certificate, then use sshfs to mount its hdd.