[MacTUG] 10.4.8 update fixes Tiger denial of Win client SMB access

Marlon A. Griffith m3griffi at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 10 15:13:50 EDT 2006

MacWindows. October 9, 2006 -- Olivier Marty reports that the recent
Mac OS X 10.4.8 update fixed the problem of Tiger denying Windows SMB
access problem.

     Regarding the "Tiger 10.4 denies Win client SMB access" problem,
I would like to report that after months of trying to solve this
problem (which seemed to appear when upgrading to 10.4.5) the easy
way, I decided yesterday to reinstall Mac OS X 10.4 and let it
upgrade itself to 10.4.8. This took about one hour, and did not break
any application, except that I had to reinstall PalmOne Hotsync
Manager. After 8 months of troubles, all is working perfectly again.