[MacTUG] Tiger printing problem to AD Windows 2003 printers

Marlon A. Griffith m3griffi at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jun 13 14:06:43 EDT 2006

MacWindows. June 9, 2006 -- A reader who wishes to remain anonymous
reports a known problem with Tiger printing to Active Directory
networks:

     We have a problems connecting to Windows printers from Tiger over
Active Directory on Windows 2003. This problem has been bugging us
for some time now, as we have many hundreds of Macs in our company.

     I've recently raised this with some senior Apple UK people and
they confirm the issue will not be fixed in a point release. That
says to me that we will be waiting for the next major OS release
before it's fixed. I did raise the fact that it worked in Panther
perfectly.

     We have managed to briefly get around the NO_STATUS error, by
connecting via Windows Printing.  The error seems to go away for us
when we get the opportunity to enter an AD user name that doesn't
have spaces in the name or special characters in the password.