[MacTUG] MAC OS

Sandra Laughlin laughlin at ist.uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 12 08:57:25 EDT 2005

Good morning:
We now have MAC 0S 10.4 Tiger for distribution through the CHIP, MC1052.
A couple of notes, it is only available at this time on dvd format. If you
have purchased a license through IST
in the past two years you are entitled to a free upgrade, otherwise to
purchase a new copy is $40.00 per copy.
For any MAC user also running SPSS 13 the following update was issued:
         "On Friday, April 29th, Apple released Macintosh OS X 10.4,
otherwise known as Tiger.  Our testing  has discovered that SPSS 11.0.3 for
Macintosh OS X will not run on the 10.4 version of the OS X operating
system. We are working on resolving this problem and a patch will be made
available as soon as possible to allow SPSS 11.0.3 to function on Macintosh
OS X 10.4."
Once the patch is available, it will be sent on to you.
Cheers
Sandy

Sandra Laughlin
Site License Coordinator
Information Systems and Technology
University of Waterloo
Waterloo ON Canada N2L 3G1
(519)888-4567, x2014     Fax: (519)884-4331