[ISS4E] Fwd: What Can We Learn From Germany's Clean Energy Push? Free Webinar July 9

Srinivasan Keshav keshav at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 4 10:47:06 EDT 2013

Begin forwarded message:

From: The Energy Collective <info at socialmediatoday.com<mailto:info at socialmediatoday.com>>
Date: July 3, 2013 4:12:58 PM EDT
To: <keshav at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:keshav at uwaterloo.ca>>
Subject: What Can We Learn From Germany's Clean Energy Push? Free Webinar July 9

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here<https://tl955.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/29149/9a6a06c1584d20ad/19205669/18cd2db0561420c9>

[The                                                          Energy Collective]<https://tl955.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/29169/8a95f7c59dde64aa/19205669/18cd2db0561420c9>
Germany's Clean Energy Push: What Can the World Learn?
Register Now<https://tl955.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/29171/65b61de13ca44bfd/19205669/18cd2db0561420c9>

Known as the Energiewende, or "energy change", Germany's campaign to move to renewable power is ambitious, massively popular at home, and by many accounts, quite successful. With 25% of Germany's energy currently being sourced from solar, wind, and biomass generation and a target of 80% renewable by 2050 in place, the German energy economy is worth watching.

What can the rest of Europe, the U.S., and other nations learn from one wealthy nation's aggressive clean energy push? Will Germany succeed in meeting its goals? Which are its biggest obstacles? And perhaps most importantly, can other nations replicate Germany's most positive achievements? Join us<https://tl955.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/29173/c19ddc4a8cd5108f/19205669/18cd2db0561420c9> as we ask:

  *   What distinguishes Germany in terms of economics or political will that has made energiewende possible? Which nations have similar qualities?

  *   What has been Germany's most successful strategy in cleaning up its energy mix?

  *   Is the decision to eliminate nuclear power after the Fukushima event consistent with Germany's goals?

  *   What could prevent other nations from adopting similar strategies?

Register<https://tl955.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/29171/65b61de13ca44bfd/19205669/18cd2db0561420c9>

Live, Free Webinar
July 9, 11am EST / 5pm CET

[Image] Rainer Baake
Frmr. Deputy Minister of the German Federal Environmental Ministry

[Image]
Dr. Sören Buttkereit
Vice President of regulatory strategies, Siemens Energy

[Image] Jesse Jenkins
MIT Energy Initiative Fellow, Energy Collective Manager

[Image] Stephanie Wang
Regulatory Policy Director, Clean Coalition

Join us<https://tl955.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/58453/83cac96b6d55b190/19205669/18cd2db0561420c9>

If you no longer wish to receive our emails, click the link below:
Social Media Today P.O. Box 1432 Charlottesville, Virginia 22902-1432 United States (347) 674-0890