[ISS4E] Fwd: Announcement from IEEE Smart Grid

Srinivasan Keshav keshav at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Feb 11 09:05:50 EST 2013

Please note the availability of e-learning modules on battery technology and videos on electric vehicles.

thanks
keshav

On 2013-02-11, at 6:48 AM, IEEE Smart Grid wrote:

LinkedIn Groups

  *   Group: IEEE Smart Grid
  *   Subject: Announcement from IEEE Smart Grid

A message from Lee Stogner, Chair of the IEEE Transportation Electrification Initiative:

IEEE wants to thank you for showing an interest in becoming part of the IEEE Smart Grid Linkedin group and to introduce you to the IEEE Transportation Electrification Initiative (TEI). TEI is a flagship international technical community of scientists and engineers engaged in the research, design and development of revolutionary advances in electric transportation. We promote close cooperation and exchange of technical information among our members and others through our technical conferences worldwide, peer-reviewed publications, local networking via Chapter activities and collaboration with other organizations.

I invite you to visit our Web Portal [http://electricvehicle.ieee.org/<http://electricvehicle.ieee.org/> ] for details on how TEI can help to support your technical and professional growth. You’ll find conference listings, featured articles, standards, publications, resources, videos, education and much more.

The IEEE TEI has a few related upcoming events that you may be interested in. They are:

e-Mobility 2/18/2013– [http://www.sae.org/events/iemss/<http://www.sae.org/events/iemss/> ] Three Global standards bodies come together to examine Electric Vehicle standards strategies and major initiatives; and endeavor to determine what can be done to foster EV adoption in the global marketplace through the development and implementation of standardization.

TEI is developing an integrated educational program including eLearning modules and a Video Education Series, key parts will be available shortly:

Video Education Series Course in Hybrid and Electric Vehicles: This eight part college level survey program focuses on the key fields of Hybrid and Electric Vehicle development including: Battery Technologies, Multiplex Controls, Electronic, and Reliability Design.

e-Learning Modules on Battery Technologies: This five part series focuses on the cutting
edge field of Battery Technologies, the Modules include: Introduction to Batteries, Battery
Design Principles, Lithium-ion Batteries, Modeling, Lithium-ion Batteries and Next Generation
Batteries

If you’re interested in taking an active role in the Initiative by serving as a volunteer in conferences, publications, education or portal committees, please visit us in the portal using the Get Involved link,
[https://www.ieee.org/membership-catalog/productdetail/showProductDetailPage.html?product=CMYEV740<https://www.ieee.org/membership-catalog/productdetail/showProductDetailPage.html?product=CMYEV740> ] or contact me directly. Thank you in advance for sharing your time and I look forward in sharing this exciting, evolving field of the future.

Warmest regards,

Lee Stogner
l.stogner at ieee.org<mailto:l.stogner at ieee.org>
2012-2013 Chair
IEEE Transportation Electrification Initiative
Posted By Lee Stogner, PMP

View or add comments »<http://www.linkedin.com/e/-4s663m-hd1k6npb-15/vaq/212884333/3188262/-1/eml-anet_ancmt-b-0/?hs=false&tok=3k_q3wSamA0RE1>

This email was intended for Srinivasan Keshav (Professor at University of Waterloo). Learn why we included this<http://www.linkedin.com/e/-4s663m-hd1k6npb-15/plh/http%3A%2F%2Fhelp%2Elinkedin%2Ecom%2Fapp%2Fanswers%2Fdetail%2Fa_id%2F4788/-GXI/?hs=false&tok=29vLgdul6A0RE1>. © 2013, LinkedIn Corporation. 2029 Stierlin Ct. Mountain View, CA 94043, USA