[ISS4E] Home Energy Consumption/Reduction

Tim Brecht brecht at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 15 10:34:21 EDT 2012

Some of you probably already know about this blog but I found
a couple of recent posts there relevant and interesting.

One interesting insight that I'm sure others have also
pointed out is -- how to you heat/cool people rather than
buildings/cars/spaces. Apparently this is an issue for EV's
in cold climates where heating the vehicle can significantly
impact the range of the vehicle.

The blog site is:
Do the Math
Using physics and estimation to assess energy, growth, options.
by Tom Murphy.
http://physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/

Two fairly recent articles I found interesting
(along with some fairly interesting comments)

"Home Heating for the Hardy"
http://physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/2012/03/home-heating-for-the-hardy/

"Pilot Lights are Evil"
http://physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/2012/03/pilot-lights-are-evil/