[FemPhys] Welcome back! General Meeting + CCUWiP 2018 at UOttawa

FemPhys UW femphys at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 11:49:18 EDT 2018

Hi all!

Welcome back to another fall term at UW with FemPhys! We're stoked for new
faces, new discussions, and warm tea in the cool fall air. We have two
updates to share with y'all, and are really hopeful we'll be seeing you
shortly.

*General Meeting  *
*Thurs Sept 13  |  5:30 - 6:30 pm  |  MC 4064  |  *facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/248416042529676/?active_tab=about>
Join FemPhys for a new term! At the general meeting, we'll talk about what
FemPhys has been and generate ideas for what it could be. Curious about
what a feminist physics organization does? Got a neat idea for an event?
Wanna hang with tea, snacks, and neat people? Come learn about FemPhys and
contribute to another amazing term!

*Canadian Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics*
*January 18 - 20 2019  |  University of Ottawa  |  *ccuwip.cap.ca
CCUWiP is an amazing opportunity to practice giving scientific talks and
posters and to meet other folk interested in diversity and equity in
physics, in an environment specifically designed for undergraduates in
physics. Registration is $45 and includes accommodations and meals, but
limited spots are available. Apply now to attend! Ask your department for
funding! Join with other FemPhys folk to split on travel costs! Ask FemPhys
folk for advice on attending conferences!

best of luck with a brand new term,
FemPhys <3