[FemPhys] Monthly Newsletter - February

FemPhys UW femphys at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 14:54:01 EST 2017

Hello friends!

FemPhys has so many exciting events coming up in February:

   - Winter got you feeling down? Would you like some tea and some
   fantastic company? Then come and join us *every Tuesday* from 12:00 pm -
   1:30 pm in Phys 104, the FemPhys room, for *Tea & Talk*. Come by
   whenever you can and stay for as long as you'd like :)

   - *Queer & Trans Meet-Up*   Do you identify as part of the LGBTQIA+
   community? Do you love science? Come out to our queer and trans scientist
   meetup to meet other science lovers like yourself, hang out, eat lunch, and
   share experiences. It's happening on *Wednesday, February 01* from 12:00
   pm - 1:30 pm in Phys 104. (Facebook event page
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/183818618761783/>)

   - *Arts + Craft Night*   We know you work hard, so why not take a little
   break? Join us on *Thursday, February 02* from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm in Phys
   104 and we'll have some supplies and pizza and snacks ready for
you! (Facebook
   event page <https://www.facebook.com/events/362305817482267/>)

   - *Hidden Figures Movie Night*   Date & time TBA

   - *Reading Research as an Undergrad*;  Get an intro to the publishing
   world, the nature of papers, and how to develop a plethora of research
   reading skills with the grad students of FemPhys. Date & time TBA

Check out Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/groups/femphys/>, Twitter
<https://twitter.com/femphys>, and our website
<https://uwaterloo.ca/femphys/> for the latest news and updates.

Do you want to get involved? Great, we're looking for some volunteers! If
you're interested in taking photos for events, holding office hours, or
putting posters up for events, send us an email at femphys at gmail.com

goal of this Symposium is to encourage research at the undergraduate level
and to further and encourage a love of research in science. This event is
open to ALL undergraduate students in any science or applied-science
discipline. It is a great opportunity to learn how to make a poster
presentation, build your resume with symposium experience, and win monetary
prizes. See Women in Science's Facebook event page
<https://www.facebook.com/events/174000706415622/> for more information
about the symposium!

Always wishing you the best,

FemPhys Family