[FemPhys] What is a scientific fact? + Mentoring Night!!

FemPhys UW femphys at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:14:54 EDT 2016

Hi everybody,

We've got event reminders for you!

Today at 12 - 1:30 pm, as every Tuesday, we're hosting Tea & Talk in our
office, PHY 104. There will be tea, casual conversation, and pie!!

Today at 5:30 - 6:30 pm in PHY 308, we're hosting a facilitated discussion
in our FemTalks series titled, "What is a scientific fact?" We'll talk
about our definitions, learn some perspectives of scientists and
philosophers, and look into the relationships of and between facts in
science and society. Pizza will be served!

Next Thursday Nov 10 from 6 - 9 pm in the second floor kitchen of IQC (in
QNC), Mentoring Night will be back! Ask postdocs, profs, and industry
professionals about life after undergrad in fields relating to physics.
Participants will be encouraged to follow a loose rotating structure for an
hour. This event will be catered! Come learn and ask and grow!

Hope to see y'all soon! Thanks for listening <3

Emma McKay
FemPhys Rep