[Female-math-faculty] MONDAY Women in Administration Speakers Panel

Barbara F. Csima csima at math.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 1 10:02:30 EST 2012

Dear Women in math,

Please see below for information about an interesting looking panel
which is happening THIS MONDAY.

Also, I suspect my female math faculty mailing list might not be
up-to-date. If you know of anyone who should be on this list but isn't
(or if you would like to be removed), please let me know.

Barbara

******

Women in Administration Speakers Panel

March 5, 3:00-6:00 pm in LHI 1621 (the Sun Life Auditorium, in the
Lyle S. Hallman Institute)

to hear from senior female administrators about how and why they went
into administration, the FAUW Status of Women & Equity Committee
invites all woman-identified faculty, post-docs, and graduate students
to attend a panel discussion and reception featuring women with
experience in various levels of administration at Waterloo.

Following an introduction from President Hamdullahpur, panelists will
discuss their respective paths to administrative roles, challenges
they have faced along the way, and advice for women considering
administrative positions.

Our featured panelists include:

·         Carolyn Hansson, former Vice President, University Research;

·         Susan Horton, Associate Provost, Graduate Studies;

·         Susan Elliott, Dean of the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences;

·         Pearl Sullivan, Chair of Mechanical & Mechatronics
Engineering and incoming Dean of the Faculty of Engineering; and

·         Daniela O’Neill, Associate Chair, Graduate Studies in the
Department of Psychology.

The panel discussion will lead into small break-out groups so that
audience members have an opportunity to ask more detailed questions of
one panelist of their choice. A reception from 5:00 to 6:00 pm will
conclude the event.

We hope that you can join us for this illuminating discussion! Please
contact Diana Parry, Chair of the Status of Women and Equity
Committee, with any questions (dcparry at uwaterloo.ca or extension
33468).

Registration

Registration is requested, but not required. Please register online at
fauw.uwaterloo.ca or contact Laura McDonald at
laura.mcdonald at uwaterloo.ca or extension 35158.

--
Barbara F. Csima
Associate Professor