[Female-math-faculty] Suggestions for WIM/Colloquium Speaker?

Barbara F. Csima csima at math.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jul 16 13:41:09 EDT 2010

Dear Female Math Faculty,

In each of the Fall and Winter terms, the WIM committee invites a
(female) speaker to give a lecture, usually in conjunction with one of
the departments' colloquium. There is some money available for this -
up to $600. The lecture should be colloquium style, but possibly even
more general than usual so that it can be enjoyed by anyone in the
faculty, and some upper year undergraduates.

Please let me know if you or members of your departments have any
suggestions for possible WIM speakers for the coming terms. For
consideration for this Fall, I would need to receive the names by July
31st. Please also let me know if there is someone in your department
willing to co-sponsor the speaker (we would need this in the event
that the cost to bring in the particular speaker is estimated at more
than $600).

Regards,
Barbara

--