[Female-math-faculty] We need Women in Math for UW Phonathon!

Fiona Dunbar fesdunbar at math.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 23 12:55:36 EDT 2009

I hope you will consider volunteering for this year's Faculty of Math
Phonathon on the evenings of May 12th, 13th and 14th.  Having
representatives from women like yourselves call the female students who are
admitted is a great way to encourage young women to pursue mathematic and
computer science.  It can have a huge impact on women who are 'on the fence'
about deciding to pursue mathematics at UW.

Shifts are from 4-6 and 7-9 each evening with a hot supper from 6-7.
Confirmation of volunteers must be made by May 9th to Carolyn Sedore,
Administrative Assistant to the Associate Dean, External Relations, Faculty
of Mathematics, UW, MC 5100, 519-888-4567 X36894, cwjackso at uwaterloo.ca.

Please consider donating a couple hours of your time for this worthwhile
activity.

Thanks!

Fiona Dunbar
Chair, Women in Math Committee