[FASS] Next Board Meeting May 15

FASS President prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca
Wed May 8 23:36:21 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

A few important announcements from the FASS 2020 Board:

1. Applications for CSW
We are accepting applications for CSW (chief script writer) for a Fall 2019
Variety Show. Applications are due by Wednesday May 15 by 6 pm. If you are
interested, please contact prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca.

2. Feedback from Winter 2019 show
We are seeking feedback from the Winter 2019 show participants. Please
submit your feedback at
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeLjxNSq3lmITJxRw9AWA-NNwctn1TfKCnlvp14oQJiPxxSpA/viewform
by Wednesday May 15 at 6 pm as well, so we can consider it when we make our
decisions going forward.

3. Next Board meeting
Show dates will be discussed at the Board meeting which is Wednesday May 15
at 7 pm in HH 119. The agenda for the meeting is
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mQJjMbOqiqu5Bv9yI8JrTaB1DA0JV1cPht37Rlt3qZ4
. The first part of the meeting is closed, but all are welcome to attend
the second part, which will start around 7:30. HH123 is reserved for
hanging out before the open part of the meeting begins. Hope you can join
us!

4. Changing the culture of FASS in addressing harassment
There have been concerns expressed to Board about FASS not providing a safe
and welcoming environment. Through consultations with various people, a
list of common issues and possible solutions has been identified. The list
can be found at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_BpeqRZrRaD3bxeK7Gf5qusaxd_PtgW8SQs9ihDjSwY
, along with some of the training material that is provided to Board and
Show Council members. The most important goal is that everyone should
respect people's boundaries, and call out unacceptable behaviour when it
happens. We don't want to wait until a complaint becomes necessary to
address underlying issues. We need allies to lead by example, and identify
behaviours that can be immediately corrected.  It's everyone's job to make
FASSies feel welcome and safe. Please take the time to read the list on the
first page, and let me know at prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca if you have anything
to add or suggest. Thank you for your help in changing the culture of FASS
for the better!

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to hearing from you or seeing you on May
15.

Dee