What is happening? Completion of the migration of data to the new data centre network will take place February 11 and February 18. This work will briefly affect all servers in the Math & Computer (MC) data centre on the first day or work, and those in physics (PHY) on the second day.
When is this happening? Schedule of work below:
· Math & Computer building - February 11 between 6:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
· Physics – February 18 between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
What is the impact of this work? During these maintenance windows, servers in MC and PHY will experience rolling disruptions in network connectivity.
During the rolling outages, between 6:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.:
· Quest – will be unavailable to users (February 11 only)
· Exchange - users may be prompted to enter their username and password
· SharePoint - users should refrain from making changes during this time (i.e. use it as Read-Only) as the connection may drop and changes/updates will not be saved
· Lync - client application and phones may restart when connectivity is dropped, but will reconnect without user intervention
Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, email@example.com or ext. 84357.
Recipients of this list: ist-staff, isthd, admin-support, faccus, ctsc
Information Systems & Technology
University of Waterloo
519-888-4567 ext. 47951