[Faccus] IAPPS ALERT - [2017-11-14] Office 365 - Maintenance - ADFS server SSL certificate renewal

Anton Romantsov aromantsov at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 3 08:34:11 EDT 2017

Date: (YYYY-MM-DD)     2017-11-14

Start Time:              7:00

End Time:	8:30

Submitted By: aromants at uwaterloo.ca

Comment:        During the maintenance window, Service-Communications certificate on production ADFS server will be renewed and a new pair of Token-Signing and Token-Decrypting certificates will be generated. During the window, we expect short periods of downtime when users will experience authentication problems with signing in to Office 365 Portal to access email or other services in EDU and UofW tenants. Other systems that use ADFS for authentication will be affected as well.
If you are affected, we recommend to wait 10 minutes and re-try again – the authentication problems are expected to be short-lived and normal operation should resume automatically. Certain systems, in particular Unit4, will require contacting the vendor to restore full operation after the maintenance.

Notice Submitted:    Fri Nov 3 8:34:11 EDT 2017

Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/UWNetworkAlert

Note:   If you have any questions or concerns please contact the IST Service Desk at ext: 44357 or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca