[Faccus] memo to instructors regarding changes to the learning environment for the fall term

Andrea Chappell andrea.chappell at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Aug 29 15:19:13 EDT 2017

Hello all,
It is time again for the termly memo to instructors to tell them of overall changes to the learning environments for the start of term. University Communications will send it to all instructors on Thursday. We did not send a memo for this spring term, as there were no big changes to announce.

There were not a lot of changes for this term, the main ones being (see memo for more details):

*         Media Productions (Waterloo Studio) moved to EC5 (from E2).

*         No e-classroom equipment upgrades since the winter term, but the podium computers were upgraded to Win 10 (responsibility of another IST area, and discussed at the Waterloo Nexus Advisory Group). A separate communication was sent by that group.

o   As I think most of you know, there is a Teaching and Learning Spaces Committee (chaired by Beth Jewkes) that is investigating directions for classrooms. More news, including of the instructor survey, will be coming.

*         Reminder that all Registrar-scheduled e-classroom podiums use electronic fobs, not keys, and how to renew or obtain one.

Thanks to the groups that support these learning environment facilities and services for their hard work for another term!

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.
Cheers,
Andrea

Director, Instructional Technologies and Media Services
EC2 2004