[Faccus] SERVICE ALERT - [2017-08-12] Skype - Emergency Maintenance - Skype Front End Performance Issues

Paul Dietrich p2dietrich at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Aug 11 12:56:11 EDT 2017

Date: (YYYY-MM-DD)     2017-08-12

Start Time:              21:00

End Time:	22:00

Submitted By: p2dietri at uwaterloo.ca

Comment:        We have determined there is one Front End server in our EC2 user pool that is behaving poorly causing such noted issues as presence for users not updating properly as well as a couple conferences that were presented with issues joining the meetings.

The issue is resolved by a server restart which will take place this Saturday night at 9pm and will take approximately 1 hour.  Any user that is currently homed on the effected server will be automatically moved to the next available one while the server is restarted and will be moved back when completed.

This does not have any impact on any ongoing conversations or phone calls while the work takes place.  No other issues have been presented at this time to users currently homed minus the sporadic/rare conference issue and delayed presence updates.

Notice Submitted:    Fri Aug 11 12:56:11 EDT 2017

Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/UWNetworkAlert

Note:   If you have any questions or concerns please contact the IST Service Desk at ext: 44357 or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca