[Faccus] Skype for Business - Polycom VVX Firmware Update- June 5

Darren Bondy darren.bondy at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jun 2 10:37:40 EDT 2017

What is happening? If you are using a Polycom VVX IP Phone, there is a new firmware (v5.5.2) to apply that addresses multiple bug fixes, new features, and increased security.

How do I know if I have one?  Polycom VVX series phones look like the following:

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2DB8C.41AB3790]

When is this happening? Monday, June 5 at 4:30 p.m.

What is the impact? The update will happen automatically on your phone after 15 minutes of inactivity and will take about 10 minutes to complete.  This version has been tested on a subset of phones for a few weeks and has not presented any issues.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext. 44357.

Recipients of this message: isthd, ist-staff, admin-support, faccus, UWweb, ctsc, ucist

Darren Bondy
Information Systems and Technology
(519)888-4567 x49525
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON