[Faccus] Proofpoint enabled - February 28, 2017

Lisa Tomalty ltomalty at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 1 10:16:36 EST 2017

What is happening? Proofpoint mail filtering (connect server) was enabled at approximately 10:35am Feb 28, 2017.

Additional details:

·         Digest email messages have a from address of: Proofpoint Digest Service proofpoint-pps at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:proofpoint-pps at uwaterloo.ca>

·         Mail is being filtered for all users (we have two in an exception group that we will be tracking)

·         We made a few tweaks after seeing a few false positives quarantined and adjusted whitelisting as necessary.  This was expected.

·         We had another issue where people who had been in the test group were, ironically, *not* being filtered, it lasted for an hour or two. That was fixed after a call to Proofpoint.

When did this happen? Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext. 44357.

Recipients of this message: faccus

Lisa Tomalty

Manager, Customer Relations and Support, Information Systems and Technology

University of Waterloo

(519)888-4567 x45873

EC2-2022A

ltomalty at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:ltomalty at uwaterloo.ca>