[Faccus] Email to staff/faculty re: Removal of Microsoft Office 365 account

Darren Bondy darren.bondy at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Feb 24 10:33:13 EST 2017

The following email will be sent early next week to staff and faculty who have signed up for Microsoft Office 365 accounts directly through Microsoft with their uwaterloo.ca<http://uwaterloo.ca> email address.

We are contacting you regarding your Microsoft Office 365/One Drive account that was offered and you registered for directly with Microsoft using your @uwaterloo.ca email address (ie. Not through University of Waterloo).

In the summer 2017 term, we will be offering Office 365 accounts to all Waterloo staff and faculty. In order to move forward with this plan, we are required to delete accounts from the current tenant before we can have a new one created on a Canadian Data Center using Waterloo authentication.

What do you need to do? If you have any files on your Microsoft Office 365/One Drive account you will need to download and save these files elsewhere prior to March 31. If you have no files on your account that you want to save, then you are not required to do anything.

When is this happening? After March 31, all One Drive/Microsoft Office 365 accounts created directly with Microsoft will be disabled. After April 30 all data will be removed from these accounts. Waterloo has no backups available for these Microsoft accounts.

If you have any questions, please contact the IST Service Desk, 519-888-4567, ext. 44357, or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca>

Darren Bondy
Information Systems and Technology
(519)888-4567 x49525