[Faccus] Windows 10 and Office 2016 deployment – February 27, 2017
darren.bondy at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 27 13:54:40 EST 2017
For your information…
What is happening? IST will begin deployment of Windows 10 and Office 2016 to Academic Support departments.
Please note: Everything on the workstation will be erased, and a new clean image installed.
When is this happening? Beginning February 27, 2017. Departments will determine with their IST Account Representatives where they appear in the scheduling process.
· No rebuild will occur if an Academic Support computer is already running the IST Windows 10 image.
· The IST Account Rep and computer support rep will work together to ensure applications and settings are set up properly. Note:
o All currently installed managed applications will be automatically reinstalled, if they were packaged and delivered by IST originally.
o To help determine which applications will or may not be automatically reinstalled see: https://magnolia.nexus.uwaterloo.ca/Windows/Nexus/Tools/ListSWGrps.asp
o Application and operating system settings that do and do not migrate forward from Windows 7 to 10 can be viewed here: http://windows.uwaterloo.ca/Docs/Windows%2010%20Migration%20Notes.htm
How can you prepare for this?
· Help choose a week after February 27 that will have the least impact on your department and submit a request via RT.
· Request a virtual (VDI) Windows 10 workstation now via RT, if desired, to acquire a level of comfort before your department is converted.
· Submit a request as soon as possible to have one or more computers upgraded to Windows 10 and Office 2016 in advance (to test software and to become familiar and comfortable working in Windows 10/Office 2016). We strongly encourage all computer reps to have their own computers upgraded in advance of the general deployment.
· Identify non-standard desktop and laptop computers (providing make, model and hostname) purchased outside of the Desktop Rollover program via RT or notify your department’s IST Account Representative, as deployments for them may require additional steps.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext. 44357.
Recipients of this message: isthd; ist-staff; admin-support (sent separately); faccus, ctsc; ucist; Daily Bulletin
Information Systems and Technology
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Faccus