[Faccus] ADS Security Identifier (SID) history value removal – November 24

Josh Schmiedchen josh.schmiedchen at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 28 10:21:05 EST 2016

This has already started to happen in Library as of November 24, 2016 and I’ve had to fix a bunch of server permissions and remote desktop permissions for my users which I wasn’t aware this was occurring so soon.

There should been more notice about this as we had older servers with ADS SIDs still, this caused a lot of unnecessary chaos.

Manfred had asked us about this with my supervisor Carl Nagel and was told they would hold off until we gave the go ahead.

Josh Schmiedchen
Computer System Support Technican
University of Waterloo Library
Dana Porter, LIB 512