[Faccus] Issues sending email to Hotmail/Live accounts – October 20

Darren Bondy darren.bondy at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 20 12:37:00 EDT 2016

What is happening? Users have been reporting that they are still experiencing issues sending emails to Hotmail/Live accounts from University of Waterloo email addresses. IST is working with Microsoft to resolve this issue. Additional communication will be shared when available.

How will I know if my message has been rejected or delayed? 4 hours after the email message has been sent, users will receive an email informing them that their message has been delayed. If after 24 hours the message has not been delivered, our server will stop attempting to deliver it and will send a message to the user telling them that it has given up.

Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca>, ext. 44357.

Recipients of this message:  isthd, faccus, ist-staff, ctsc, admin-support, ucist, SSO

Darren Bondy
Information Systems and Technology
(519)888-4567 x49525
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON