[Faccus] University of Waterloo listed on spam blacklist – October 11

Heather Wey hawey at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 11 14:54:40 EDT 2016

What is happening? The University of Waterloo has been placed on the Spam Eating Monkey (SEM) BACKSCATTER email blacklist. Services using this blacklist may block email from University of Waterloo email addresses.  Emails could go through but be marked as spam and placed in the recipients’ junk folder. IST has submitted a request to remove our IP from this list.

How will I know if my message has been rejected or delayed? 4 hours after the email message has been sent, users will receive an email informing them that their message has been delayed. If after 24 hours the message has not been delivered, our server will stop attempting to deliver it and will send a message to the user telling them that it has given up.

Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca>, ext. 44357.

Recipients of this message:  isthd, faccus, ist-staff, ctsc

Heather Wey
Manager - Training, Licensing & Communications
Client Services
Information Systems & Technology