[Faccus] Mailservices listed on spam blacklist – September 19

Darren Bondy darren.bondy at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 20 11:27:55 EDT 2016

What is happening? The University of Waterloo was placed on the Spam and Open-Relay Blocking System (SORBS) email blacklist. Users first reported the issue late last week. The University has since been removed from the list and emails should be delivered without issue.

How will I know if my message has been rejected or delayed? 4 hours after the email message has been sent, users will receive an email informing them that their message has been delayed. If after 24 hours the message has not been delivered, our server will stop attempting to deliver it and will send a message to the user telling them that it has given up. Emails could have been marked as spam and placed in the recipients’ junk folder.

Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca>, ext. 44357.

Recipients of this message:  isthd, faccus, ist-staff, ctsc

Darren Bondy
Information Systems and Technology
(519)888-4567 x49525
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON