[Faccus] REMINDER: Network Adaptor settings to be standardized across academic support - July 7
dmbondy at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 7 15:05:56 EDT 2016
REMINDER: A script to standardize Network Adaptor settings across academic support is being run on all managed workstations.
Why is this happening? To update old network adaptor settings to get them in line with PCs using Dynamic IP addressing and the correct DNS suffixes. Making this change will configure all academic support PCs to be the same.
Additional information: The network adapter settings being standardized are:
* Unchecking QoS Packet Scheduler, Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6), Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper (LLTDIO), and Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder (RSPNDR)
* Selecting 'Register this connection's address in DNS' and 'Use this connection's in DNS registration'
* Selecting 'Obtain an IP address automatically'
* Selecting 'Obtain DNS server address automatically'
* Changing the DNS suffixes to nexus.uwaterloo.ca and uwaterloo.ca
* When is this happening? This deployment will run on Vanguard machines Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 11:00 p.m. If there are no reported issues it will be deployed to the rest of academic support on Thursday, July 7 at 11:00 p.m.
What is the impact? No impact is expected. Departments that have moved over the last year have these updated settings assigned and will not be affected by this change.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext. 44357.
Recipients of this message: isthd, ist-staff, faccus, admin-support, ctsc, vanguard
Information Systems and Technology
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Faccus