[Faccus] URGENT UPDATE: Podium image update issue - May 25

Natasha Jennings njennings at uwaterloo.ca
Wed May 25 14:12:34 EDT 2016

UPDATE: The deployment has been cancelled so no new imaging processes will start (i.e. if your workstation had not yet received the update, it should not, to the best of our knowledge).

Steps to take:

*         If your workstation resembles the attached image, allow the imaging process to complete (this could take several hours). Do not power the workstation off as this will result in an unbootable machine.

*         If your workstation was powered off before the imaging process could begin, please leave it off for the time being. We will send a follow up message when it is safe to turn them back on.

*         If you receive a notification that a task sequence is about to begin, power off your work station immediately and leave off until further notice. We will send a follow up message when it is safe to turn them back on.

*         IT reps should prepare to reinstall any customized software.

Impact:

*         Once the update completes, affected workstations will be running a custom Windows 7 image. Users can log on to the workstation to complete tasks they are able to do, but do not save any files locally (save everything to your N: or R: drive).

*         All affected workstations will need to be reimaged. We will send out a notification with details on when this process will take place. IT reps should send a list of affected workstations (i.e. the computer name) to rt-ist-workstations at rt.uwaterloo.ca<mailto:rt-ist-workstations at rt.uwaterloo.ca>.

*          All locally saved content will have been deleted from affected workstations.

Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext. 44357.

Recipients of this message: isthd, ist-staff, admin-support, faccus, ctsc

Natasha Jennings
Communications Officer
Information Systems & Technology (IST)
University of Waterloo