[Faccus] Call for Papers: WatITis Conference 2015

Natasha Jennings njennings at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Sep 17 13:37:38 EDT 2015

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D0F14E.04C4BDD0]
Call for Papers: WatITis Conference 2015

We are happy to announce the 13th annual WatITis (Waterloo Information Technology and Information Systems) conference will be held on Monday, December 7.

The WatITis Committee would like to invite you to actively participate as a speaker/presenter or panelist for one or more of our sessions during our 13th annual WatITis conference.

This year we are running 2 different session options for speakers:

1.    Full-length presentation session at 45 minutes

2.    Rapid-fire presentations between 5-7 minutes where you share a time-slot with other speakers and present short summaries of your topic

When submitting your abstracts, please also identify which session type you are interested in. Please also be aware that you may be required to attend a brief speakers meeting prior to the conference to discuss presentation materials, expectations and logistics.

Topics include, but are not limited to, teaching, research, institutional support, new projects, campus Start-Up ventures, client services, future developments or general interest for uWaterloo staff. We also invite you to submit your ideas for session topics which you feel would be of interest to other IT professionals on campus.

Please send a brief synopsis of your topic and/or idea of submissions to Jenn Brewster (jenn.brewster at uwaterloo.ca), our program committee chair, by October 9, 2015.

For more information, please contact our co-chairs Jenn Brewster (jenn.brewster at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:jenn.brewster at uwaterloo.ca>) or Craig McDonald (cjmcdona at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:cjmcdona at uwaterloo.ca>).