[Faccus] Security warning: Suspicious email identified
hawey at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Aug 14 12:07:58 EDT 2015
On August 13 a suspicious email was identified and blocked by IST before it was delivered to a potential 10s of thousands but not before it had been delivered to 239 people (we have notified those recipients).
* Subject: IMPORTANT NOTICE
* The 'From' field said it was sent by Feridun Hamdullahpur from a non-uwaterloo.ca email address (feridun.hamdullahpur at outlook.com)
* There was a zip file attached that was blocked by IST and no links in the message to direct recipients to a malicious web page.
What should you do if you receive such an email?
1. Do not open any attachments or click on included links.
2. Please forward the email to soc at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:soc at uwaterloo.ca> and include email headers (information available at https://uwaterloo.ca/information-systems-technology/full-email-headers).
3. Delete the original message.
Reminder: Be cautious of any suspicious email you receive. Under no circumstances should you open any attachments to email you are unsure of. Doing so could allow malware access to your machine.
Questions or concerns? Contact the IST Service Desk, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext. 44357.
Recipients of this message: isthd, ist-staff, faccus, admin-support
Manager - Training, Licensing & Communications
Information Systems & Technology
University of Waterloo
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Faccus