[Faccus] Intermittent issues with incoming calls - August 5

Heather Wey hawey at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Aug 5 12:17:04 EDT 2015

What is happening?  There is a problem with one of the PBX T1 connections, meaning the number of incoming telephone lines is temporarily reduced.

What is the impact to users?  As a result of this, we have received intermittent reports that incoming calls are at times receiving a busy signal.

When will this issue be resolved?  IST has been in communication with our telephone vendor and Bell.  There is a 2 hour maintenance window scheduled for August 6 starting at 7pm to resolve the problem.
Questions before or problems after this work? Please contact the IST Service Desk, helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext. 84357.

Recipients of this message: isthd, faccus, admin-support, ist-staff, Daily Bulletin, SSO, MSC

Heather Wey
Manager - Training, Licensing & Communications
Client Services
Information Systems & Technology