[Faccus] SERVICE ALERT - 2015-07-08 Lync, Telephones - Maintenance - RESCHEDULED: IP Phones rebooting 8:30-9:00pm on July 2nd

etbain at uwaterloo.ca etbain at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jul 6 12:25:39 EDT 2015

Date: (YYYY-MM-DD)     2015-07-08

Start Time:              20:30

End Time:	21:00

Impact:           IP Phones, Lync and Fax server will be unavailable briefly

Resolution:

Submitted By: etbain at uwaterloo.ca

Comment:        This work is RESCHEDULED from July 2nd due to illness.

Configuration updates need to be made that will affect IP phones, Lync phones and the fax server.

The configuration changes will result in IP phones rebooting shortly after 8:30pm. Any calls in progress at the time will continue normally and the phone will reboot immediately after the call has completed.

If the configuration updates do not work as expected, the changes will need to be reversed and this will result in a second reboot before 9:00pm.

How do I know if I have an IP phone? A traditional digital phone has a normal flat (grey) phone cable plugged in the back whereas an IP phone will use a round network cable similar to the one that your computer uses.

Notice Submitted:    Mon Jul 6 12:25:39 EDT 2015

Note:   If you have any questions or concerns please contact the IST Service Desk at ext: 44357 or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca